Saturday, February 7, 2015

Superman Done Right...

Via Mau Artist

A little over a year ago I shared a video by artist Mauricio Abril entitled A Gotham FairytaleNow Mauricio has done a tribute to the Man of Steel. Check it out after the jump.






Mauricio writes:

"A Smallville Man" is my animatic film featuring an original Superman story told in over 150 illustrations set against the aural backdrop of the song "Walk" by the American Rock band Foo Fighters. 

The film explores the relationship between Superman's past and present through separate stories that take us from the jungles of South America to the quaint streets of his hometown of Smallville. For those not quite familiar with South America, it's "like America but south" (sorry for the un-related movie quote, but I just couldn't resist). The two story lines ultimately converge thematically to show that the "S" on his chest represents not just his alien power but also the strength of his humanity.



You can see more of his work on his blog:
Mauricio Abril Storytelling + Design  
And
www.mauricioabril.com  


Via Mauricio Abril

What did you think? Have you seen his Batman video also?

12 comments:

  1. Some really unique artwork. That alone makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down with the bat up with the Supes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. I own so many Superman comics I can barely see my own house.


    How are you today?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would enjoy this one Dez!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are best artist I know, I figured you would appreciate it for that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have more Batman and Spawn comics than anything else.
    I am doing great now that I had my cup of coffee this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's Batman so you know he would win.. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A refreshing portrayal of Superman and a wonderful find. I'll look for his Batman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is very well done.
    I posted the Batman one a little over a year ago.
    http://blahblahblahyackitysmackity.blogspot.com/2013/09/a-gotham-fairytale.html

    ReplyDelete