Thursday, July 24, 2014

BATMAN DAY FUN


July 23rd was a celebration of 75 years of Batman!
Here are a few things I saw, and some I have shared before.



"A Gotham Fairytale" is an original Batman story done as an animatic set to Muse's "Knights of Cydonia." Composed of over 200 black and white illustrations, it depicts the dark imagination of a little girl as she's listening to her grandmother tell her a bedtime fairy tale





New pictures of Ben Affleck's Batman suit!!


Pictures are from this years Comic-Con. 

BATMAN IN MOVIES


Batman: The Animated Series is included in the movie category for Mask of the Phantasm that was in the theaters in 1993. In my opinion it is the best representation of Batman on the big screen.
The picture at Digital Spy is interactive so click on the link to check that out. 

  LEGO BATMAN POSTER


Some how I don't think Batman is too happy with this.

BATMAN SHIRT


Jeremy Hawkins at Being Retro has shared this Batman shirt, and a groovy video.
Be sure to check it out.



The Geek Twins Shared 6 Reasons We Never Got A Third Tim Burton BATMAN Movie. Great stuff give them a click.

Leaked Still From Batman V Superman

HE'S BATMAN!!

Did you celebrate Batman Day?


28 comments:

  1. Isn't he a bit old to be running around Gotham? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded the free release from yesterday. Otherwise I forgot that maybe I should have watched a movie, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would look adorable as a Lego

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even realize there was such a thing, but my brother and nieces apparently did some stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. to the batcave.... thank you for the sharing of the shirt, not that i would mention this here is my cartoon shirt i designed. batman is one of the top super heroes out there, i have high hopes that the new film does it justice... http://www.neatoshop.com/product/Naa-Na-Naa-Naaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks for the link! He is Batman. He wins. Mask of the Phantasm was awesome and really is the best animated movie they've made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But HE is BATMAN even if he uses a walker...;-

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPRscxQZs8E
    Great commercial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. you could give Green Lantern a run for his money!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DC is doing the same thing it did with Superman. I guess it couldn't hurt being that the movie is still far away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still remember getting chills in the theater at the opening music!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCLJ4BQXXQ

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Maurice says: MASK OF THE PHANTASM was the best Batman movie of them all, animated or live. I loved the Gothic Fairy Tale. You are a wonder for finding all this stuff. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always been a Batman fan, so thanks for this post.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I suspect--but I could be wrong--that he's a little like the Dread Pirate Roberts. He retired long ago and passed down the Batman name to others... just a sneaking suspicion.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I forgot to celebrate, but now I've visited your blog, so it's all good. I still can't see Ben Affleck as Batman. That Lego graphic is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is it for Iron Man or Robert Downey Jr.!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This pic came out today....he so looks the part in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gary Philip PennickJuly 25, 2014 at 11:48 AM

    I had a belated celebration of Batman Day. I might say I remember the very beginning way back 75 years ago. I might say that. Such a comprehensive post on all things, Batman. I'm might of been a bit out of it at the time, but I'm sure that Batman was featured in "Reefer Madness."


    A good weekend to you, sir.


    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. He still looks good for a fellow that is 75. What is this "Reefer Madness" that you speak of? One of Batman's old foes? Does he use smoke to confuse his victims?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I did not realize the special occasion. I spent most of the 23rd in transit from Colorado. A Batplane would have been handy.

    Thanks for sharing the goodies! I think the very last one is my favorite - says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Batman is always prepared. His contingency plans have contingencies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So Sorry! I lost your comment in purgatory somehow!
    Feel free to plug your shirts here anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I wasn't aware of Batman day. It sounded pretty cool, though. Love the Batman suit!

    ReplyDelete
  24. With Comic-Con going on there is a lot more Batman than usual.

    ReplyDelete